Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday in the Park with ChaCha, continued

The parks are the crown jewels of Beijing. They are what make it a livable place. They bring beauty and O2 and contain much history.  With the extreme density, they serve as every citizen's own back yard. These cypresses are in Temple of Heaven park.You probably can't read the plaque, but it says that this was the "Animal Sacrificing Building".
This fellow has chosen to set up his karaoke machine there and practise his traditional instrument playing. (Karaoke is VERY popular) 
Here, for my musical friends (you know who you are, Rainbow, et al) are photos of various instruments which appear to me to be similar to ones played at home. Similar but different. I think that's a Chinese banjo in the back ground and a harmonium in the foreground, no?
While this is...hmmm...a teeny tiny something or other. It sounds most like a fiddle.
But I don't recall ever having seen anything like this before I came to China!

No comments: